If you haven’t done it yet, there are a lot of ways to spice up your classroom facetime zoom skype google video chats! Believe it or not, there are plenty of games that you can play via the video classroom.
One of the most popular types of games is the Internet Scavenger Hunt. So, there are a lot of ways that you can plan this hunt.
1. “Find It In Your House” Scavenger Hunt
Your scavenger hunt could be that the students have to run around their house and find something to show on the screen. This could be an animal, pencil, cup, food item, whatever it might be. It’s a race!
2. “Research Assignment” Internet Scavenger Hunt
Another way that you can create a scavenger hunt is to assign a list of questions that the students have to find answers to and submit as an assignment. In this case they could have answers that are recorded, videos, memes, pictures, or music. The problem with this type of hunt is the issue of grading and going through all the answers–it could take a lot of time.
But, it makes for a more interesting and reframed way to do a research assignment. It could be a lot of fun with the right theme. Any teacher in any class could have a themed assignment called a scavenger hunt that is also research for a topic in history, math, music, art, religion, whatever it might be. It’s a fun way to reframe what students might consider otherwise boring work.
3. “Whoever Can Google It Fastest” Internet Scavenger Hunt
Lastly, my favorite type of scavenger hunt is the “whoever can find it the fastest” internet scavenger hunt. In your Video Chat window, you ask a question that the students have to find an answer to online, and then they can type it in the chat box with a link or an answer. Whoever has the best answer first, gets the point. These types of searches can also be integrated into the first two types of scavenger hunts.
It doesn’t just have to be a google-able question. You can also make it a contest like, “Whoever has the best dance moves in the video chat,” and then get the students to vote.
Here are some Internet Scavenger
● What’s the weather in Tokyo?
● What is a history fact today?
● What’s the number one billboard song today?
● Top 3 endangered species?
● What famous person has a birthday today?
● How long is the longest sandwich?
● Who is the oldest person in the world right now?
● What saint day is it today?
● What is the top local news story?
● What country has the most Picasso paintings?
● What is the funniest taco meme?
● What is the next marvel movie coming out?
● What is the most popular teen novel right now?
● What was the most popular country to travel to before coronavirus?
Have you done any fun games or scavenger hunts
with your classes before? Let me know in the comments!
Pin this post to get back to later: