How Animoto Works
Here is how Animoto works:
- Sign up for an Animoto account. Creating your account is a simple and easy process.
- On the upper right-hand corner, you will find a blue “create” button. Click on it.
- There are two different types of video builders available in Animoto. The first one is slideshow video builder and the second one is marketing video builder. You will be asked to pick one. There are many different video styles in the slideshow video builder and you can pick anyone that you want. You can also customize it just the way you like. Marketing video builder is designed to create videos for marketing purposes. It can also be customized but it has more features as compared to slideshow video builder.
- The next step is to create your video:
- Select your video clips or pictures. You can import your photos from different social media websites and you can also use photos from your camera gallery or Animoto gallery.
- Choose the music that you want for your video.
- The last step is the finalization of your video. You can choose the speed, title and the thumbnail of your video. If you want, you can also add a short description to your video.
Using Animoto with elementary students
Animoto can be used with elementary students for different purposes. It is a great alternative tool for PowerPoint. It can be used for biographies, storytelling, field trips and different science projects. Here are my favorite Animoto projects:
*Ideas are inspired by members of the Technology Teacher Talk Facebook Group