Introduce lessons on computer basics with these eBooks. Great for a warm up activity in the computer lab or classroom. Share the PDF with students for a paperless experience or print the nonfiction text out as a booklet.
For each eBook you’ll find:
1. Instructions for printing – if you want physical copies of the eBook
2. Comprehension questions (2 to a page and full-page options)
3. Vocabulary for this eBook
4. Higher order thinking questions to ask after reading
5. 3 graphic organizers that can be used with the text (provided in PDF for printing and as PNG files that can be loaded into Seesaw or Google Slides for students to type their answers)
Each PDF is designed to be used like an eBook, so you can project it onto your whiteboard and/or share it as a PDF in your learning management system for students to read through independently.
WAYS TO USE THESE BOOKLETS
• Whole-group introduction to this topic or a related lesson.
• Wrap-up activity when you have a few extra minutes.
• Full lesson with the book, vocabulary cards, graphic organizers, and questions.
• Back up plan for days that the internet doesn’t cooperate.
PLEASE NOTE that if you subscribe to my k5tech.net curriculum, each eBook is included already as an embedded Flipbook in the lesson page. The graphic organizers, vocab, and comprehension questions are not included, so if you want them and the booklet in PDF format then this is how to get them.
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Talk Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!