Guided Projects that Teach making Charts and Graphs in Google Sheets are the ideal way to build technology literacy for our youngest students. This set of 5 projects show students 5 different graph types so that by the time they get through the final project they could do it independently.
Graph Types Included:
- Each one requires students to create a chart of the data and then turn it into a graph.
Teacher Guide Includes:
- Standards Addressed
- Links to the Google Sheets Templates
- How to use the project templates
- How to use the printable PDF option
- Incorporating the Spreadsheet Vocab
- Rubric options for completed projects
Spreadsheet Vocab Packet Includes:
- Types of Graphs poster
- 4 Posters with labeled icons you can use as a mini lesson intro to Sheets
- Sheets Keyboard Shortcuts poster
- Important Icons all on one page poster
- 21 Spreadsheet Vocab Terms (not all used in this set of projects)
For Students, Each Project Includes:
- Sheets template with the data and project steps
- Screencast video walk-through of the project
1. Watch the video directions
2. Complete the steps of the project
3. Submit the assignment to LMS
If you’re working with students who can’t read or type yet, do this as a whole group.
Use the PDF option if:
1. You want to give instructions yourself instead of having students watch my video.
2. Your students are able to open a blank Sheets workbook to get started on their own (they don’t need a template).
3. You like to have a printed copy of the directions for your students.
The PDF Option has everything you need except for a demonstration. Walk students through the 3 steps of the project and show them the rubric if you’re using it. Then, let them work through the steps while you walk around and help where needed (or do the project whole group).
Use the Spreadsheet Vocabulary as posters or a mini lesson to introduce Spreadsheet software.
Your youngest students might not be ready for it, but older ones can use the Keyboard Shortcuts while completing the projects.
Copyright Brittany Washburn.
All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art and font credits.
Connect with other Technology Teachers:
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.