180 Spiral Review technology lessons that teach presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software over 36 sessions for each grade level. These will make a great addition to your technology curriculum for the computer lab. The skills build on each other throughout each unit so students really master the programs.
This bundle includes grades 1-5. Check out each grade level’s previews for even more information!
- 1st Grade Software Lessons
- 2nd Grade Software Lessons
- 3rd Grade Software Lessons
- 4th Grade Software Lessons
- 5th Grade Software Lessons
- Click here for the main preview PDF, which includes a way to see 5 sample activities.
What is included in each set of 12 lessons:
4 weeks of lessons for each type of software
- Word / Docs / Pages
- PowerPoint / Slides / Keynote
- Excel / Sheets / Numbers
Customizable for whatever software version you have, for a total of 36 weeks of lessons per grade level.
Editable Lesson Plans:
- Mini lesson
- I Can Statements
- Lesson components
- Space for reflection
Editable Daily Messages:
- Lesson Title
- I Can Statements
- Lesson Question
- Space for you to add screenshots of your software program
Student Templates Provided
- Templates are provided in BOTH Google Apps and Office 365 for your convenience.
*If you’re using Apple Software then the Office 365 will convert to it.
- Formative assessment questions provided as editable Google Forms
- These lessons are the main activity for a class. I recommend planning a warm up activity (like 10 minutes of typing) and early finisher activities (here are sites you can use). You’re likely going to have some students complete the lesson in 5-10 minutes and others that will still be working when you say time is up.
- In the lesson plans you’ll see me talk about screencasts you could make. If you’ve never made them before, check out this blog post to learn more about it. Screencasts are a game changer!
- The assessments are optional but will be helpful if technology is a graded subject. If you’re new to teaching technology and curious about grading these skills, read this blog post.
WHO NEEDS THESE TECHNOLOGY LESSONS?
These software lessons are perfect for technology teachers, classroom teachers, media specialists, STEM teachers, or homeschool parents who want their students to know how to use technology to create content. By mastering these software programs, students will feel comfortable doing anything you ask them to do with it.
HOW ARE THESE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR TECHNOLOGY CURRICULUM?
The k5tech.net curriculum has warm ups and early finisher activities plus it is all housed on my website. These software lessons are just the main activity and assessments and I’m providing you with all of the files to put into your learning management system. The content in these software lessons does not overlap with the k5tech.net curriculum at all so you can use both.
Still have questions? Please ask them before purchasing.
Copyright © Brittany Washburn 2020.
Downloading this file entitles you to ONE classroom use. You may use this with multiple classes but may not share with any other teachers. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. If multiple licenses are needed for use my more than one teacher or in more than one computer lab, send them here to download the file.
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Talk Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!
Julie H. (verified owner) –
This has been such a life saver for distance learning. I create my own videos using Brittney’s lessons and submit them to Google Classroom. I’m so thankful for Brittney’s creativity. This was so worth the purchase!
Jamece S. (verified owner) –
These are SO great to have! Easy to understand and they build upon skills week by week. Students learn the routine and structure of these lessons quickly. Lots of good material included and many important skills for students to learn.
Stacy O. (verified owner) –
There are so many great ideas in this resource. I don’t use the resource in the order outlined, but it’s great to have some premade activities and ideas to build from. I just started using it so there are some lessons I haven’t used yet, the lessons I have used so far have worked well and students have really enjoyed them.
Christine M. (verified owner) –
This bundle has helped tremendously with my distance-learning planning, and it introduces solid technology skills to students. I also appreciate the ability to modify projects to suit the needs of my students.
Buyer (verified owner) –
I can not even begin to say how happy I am with this resource. I am able to easily complete lesson plans along with feeling confident that students are receiving everything they need to be successful. I am more than happy to say it is definitely worth the money, it is so comprehension and perfect for 1st through 5th! Thank you so much!