Spiral Review technology lessons that teach presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software for 1st grade over 12 sessions. These will make a great addition to your technology curriculum for the computer lab. The skills build on each other throughout this unit so it is important to do the lessons in order. Each set of 12 weeks are all on the same topic, so students can take a deep dive into the content and the tech skills.
Weeks 1-12: Farm Animals
Weeks 13-24: Bugs/Critters
Weeks 25-36: Keyboards and Typing
What is included for each set of 12 weeks:
4 weeks of lessons for each type of software
- Word / Docs / Pages
- PowerPoint / Slides / Keynote
- Excel / Sheets / Numbers
Customizable for whatever software version you have
Editable Lesson Plans:
- Mini lesson
- I Can Statements
- Lesson components
- Exit Ticket Google Form
- Space for reflection
Editable Daily Messages:
- Lesson Title
- I Can Statements
- Lesson Question
- Space for you to add screenshots of your software program
Student Templates Provided
•Templates are provided in BOTH Google Apps and Office 365 for your convenience.
*If you’re using Apple Software then the Office 365 will convert to it.
•Formative assessment questions provided as an editable Google Form
- These lessons are the main activity for a class. I recommend planning a warm up activity (like 10 minutes of typing) and early finisher activities (here are sites you can use). You’re likely going to have some students complete the lesson in 5-10 minutes and others that will still be working when you say time is up.
- In the lesson plans you’ll see me talk about screencasts you could make. If you’ve never made them before, check out this blog post to learn more about it. Screencasts are a game changer!
- The assessment can be thought of as exit tickets and is optional. It will be helpful if technology is a graded subject and should be used to inform your instruction.
- If you’re new to teaching technology and curious about grading these skills, read this blog post.
WHO NEEDS THESE TECHNOLOGY LESSONS?
These software lessons are perfect for technology teachers, classroom teachers, media specialists, STEM teachers, or homeschool parents who want their students to know how to use technology to create content. By mastering these software programs, students will feel comfortable doing anything you ask them to do with it.
HOW ARE THESE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR TECHNOLOGY CURRICULUM?
The k5tech.net curriculum has warm ups and early finisher activities plus it is all housed on my website. These software lessons are just the main activity and assessments and I’m providing you with all of the files to put into your learning management system. The content in these software lessons does not overlap with the k5tech.net curriculum at all so you can use both.
Still have questions? Please ask them before purchasing.
Copyright © Brittany Washburn 2020.
Downloading this file entitles you to ONE classroom use. You may use this with multiple classes but may not share with any other teachers. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. If multiple licenses are needed for use my more than one teacher or in more than one computer lab, send them here to download the file.
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!