This Alphabet practice set has 6 digital activity types for each letter that also work on technology skills for the mouse and keyboard. These digital alphabet activities are perfect for word work and to use during your phonics instruction. TECHademics is a line of web based digital activities that aims to teach technology skills to our youngest learners while also working on academic content. Web based means that they work in any browser on any device! Nothing to download and no logins needed. It is the dream for distance learning and 1:1 classrooms.
What makes TECHademic activities unique is:
•The activities are web based
•They work in any browser
•They work on any device
•They are self-checking
•Students get immediate feedback
•They are not games
•They combine tech skills and academic content
•EASY access for students
•No typing URLs
•NOT Flash Based, NOT Google Slides, NOT Boom Cards, NOT Seesaw, these are better and easier for students to access!
1. Click the letter word A-M
2. Click the letter word N-Z
3. Uppercase-Lowercase Sorting A-M
4. Uppercase-Lowercase Sorting N-Z
5. Type the missing letter A-N
6. Type the missing letter O-Z
7. Drag and Drop Labels A-M
8. Drag and Drop Labels N-Z
9. Match the words A-Z
10. Memory Match (unlimited variations of 10 letters per game)
1. Add the PDF to each computer or device so that students can open it during their tech station time. Students work through each activity on the TECHademics game board.
For the teacher to consider:
1. How you’re going to share the PDF with your students. The most efficient way for your students is for you to make a desktop icon that opens the PDF. During distance learning, send the PDF through your learning management system so that students can open it on their own devices.
2. How you’re going to monitor student progress. The activities don’t save individual progress, so I recommend having students practice to mastery. They can retry any activity until they get it completely right.
3. How long these activities will take students. The answer to this depends on the individual student. Some will breeze through the content while others may take several tries.
This is a brand new resource type. If you have any questions, please ask!
Product Terms: Copyright © Brittany Washburn 2020. Purchasing this file entitles you to ONE classroom use. You may use this with multiple classes but may not share with any other teachers. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. If multiple licenses are needed for use my more than one teacher or in more than one computer lab, additional licenses are discounted.
Connect with other Technology Teachers:
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!