Sound Science Virtual Classroom. Looking for supplemental technology activities for your Sound Science unit? This set of digital activities has you covered regardless of what type of technology device(s) you have available. Use the trend of the Bitmoji Virtual Classroom to engage your students!
Virtual classroom activities are great for students to learn about and practice topics. It is also a great opportunity to work on tech skills like navigating websites and working between tabs in a browser.
What is Included
6 Computer activities such as interactive games, videos, virtual labs, and practice questions that are prefect to use as your “computer center” during your science lessons. The links are editable so if any of the virtual activities stop working you can switch out the links easily.
4 Essential Questions for students to answer. These are also editable.
How to Use
These digital task cards can be used in so many ways. Use them as a resource for teaching. Use them at the computer workstation and allow your students to work through each activity independently. Use them for homework and/or extra credit. Use them during distance learning to keep your students learning. Some activities are going to be more challenging and take longer than others.
1. Take a look at the directions and activities and decide if you want to change any of the text.
2. Plan how you want to share the file with your students. I’m providing the Google Slides file link (on page 4) but you can also use this as a PowerPoint file. Using Google Classroom makes it really easy, but any learning management system can be used to send the file to students.
3. The items around the virtual classroom are linked to various websites. These links can be changed if any of the activities stop working. Double check that they work on the device(s) your students use.
4. Replace My Bitmoji with your own avatar (you can leave it there if you don’t have one). The text bubble is also editable and/or can be removed entirely.
5. Decide whether or not you want your students to answer the essential questions. The activities aren’t meant to replace a whole unit on the topic, so plan to use these as review or supplemental activities.
How it Works
The Virtual Classroom Google Slides file is meant to be used in Edit Mode the entire time. Students will click on the item around the classroom to show the hyperlink and then click on the URL to open the link in a new tab.
Students will type their responses to the Essential Questions on the second slide. Feel free to transfer the questions I’ve provided into a Google Form or other digital tool if you need grading to be easier.
Add your own Bitmoji and a message to your students (all editable and optional) to motivate them.
Copyright © Brittany Washburn 2020. Purchasing this file entitles you to ONE classroom use. You may use this with multiple classes but may not share with any other teachers. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. If multiple licenses are needed for use my more than one teacher or in more than one computer lab, additional licenses are discounted.
Connect with other Technology Teachers:
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!