Using technology and problem solving skills, students decipher codes and complete activities to learn Coding Vocabulary that they will use in any coding program. The activities are housed in a Google Slides file and students enter their codes into a locked Google Form. If you’ve been wanting to try an escape room or digital breakout with your students, this is a great place to start.
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Decomposing
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Sequencing
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Bug and Debug
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Events and Conditions
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Algorithms
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Loops
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Program
- Coding Vocab Digital Breakout: Variables and Value
- Events and Conditions
- Variable and Value
- This activity can be done in Google Slides or PowerPoint, so it is flexible to meet your technology needs.
Each Resource in the bundle Includes:
- There are 6 codes to find and they require a mix of technology skills, so this makes a great partner or small group activity.
- Students learn about and practice making decisions about the coding vocabulary topic.
- Something that makes these digital breakouts unique is that they also include a reading passage with vocabulary on the topics, making them very relevant to today’s students. The reading passage is on a 4th grade level.
Info for the teacher to consider:
- Most groups should be able to complete each breakout in 30-45 minutes.
- If this is your first digital breakout then I recommend solving the puzzles as a whole group activity.
- The hints are meant to be used! Most puzzles can’t be solved without taking the hint. It is designed this way on purpose.
- With this resource you will receive a link to a Google Slides file. From there you can share your copy of the Slides file with your students, or download it as a PowerPoint file to share that way.