Coding meets vocabulary instruction with VoCode! Integrate those robots you have (or turn students into robots) to complete these coding challenges. 3 Options for the activities mean that you can use this with ANY movable Bots and ANY grade level of students. Be sure to check out the images!
6/2/20 Now includes six digital slides that can be used in Google Slides or PowerPoint!
This set includes 12 terms for the Parts of a Computer.
How to Use:
- The most straightforward way to use these activities is to have students program their bot to go to one term at a time.
- To add a challenge, give students multiple stopping points for their path.
- This might mean choosing 5 cards from the pile and that is the order in which they need to write their program.
- Add levels of complexity by requiring students to program in “jumping over” pieces or spaces, and “collecting” and “discarding” the pieces they picked from the pile.
- Due to the factor of choice in these activities, there are no answer keys. Have students check each other.
Table of Contents:
2-4: How to Use and Teacher Guide
5-10: Vocabulary for these activities
11-15: Task cards and recording sheet
16-19: Bot size cards
20-30: Life size cards
31-33: No Bot option
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!