Coding meets ELA instruction with VoCode! Integrate those robots you have (or turn students into robots) to complete these phonics coding challenges. 3 Options for the activities mean that you can use this with ANY movable Bots and ANY grade level of students. Be sure to check out the images!
6/25/20 Now includes six digital slides that can be used in Google Slides or PowerPoint!
This set includes Prefixes and Suffixes. Check out the images to see which ones are included.
How to Use:
- The most straightforward way to use these activities is to have students program their bot to go to one term at a time.
- To add a challenge, give students multiple stopping points for their path.
- This might mean choosing 5 cards from the pile and that is the order in which they need to write their program.
- Add levels of complexity by requiring students to program in “jumping over” pieces or spaces, and “collecting” and “discarding” the pieces they picked from the pile.
- Due to the factor of choice in these activities, there are no answer keys. Have students check each other.
Table of Contents:
2-4: How to Use and Teacher Guide
5-10: Vocabulary for these activities
11-18: Task cards and recording sheet
19-26: Bot size cards
27-42: Life size cards
43-48: No Bot option
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!