Coding meets ELA instruction with VoCode! Integrate those robots you have (or turn students into robots) to complete these fairy tale coding challenges. 3 Options for the activities mean that you can use this with ANY movable Bots and ANY grade level of students. Be sure to check out the images!
This set includes 10 Fairy Tales:
1) Alice in Wonderland
4) Snow White
5) Wizard of OZ
6) Beauty and the Beast
7) Sleeping Beauty
8) Little Mermaid
9) Frog Prince
10) Peter Pan
How to Use Each File:
- The most straightforward way to use these activities is to have students program their bot to go to one term at a time.
- To add a challenge, give students multiple stopping points for their path.
- This might mean choosing 5 cards from the pile and that is the order in which they need to write their program.
- Add levels of complexity by requiring students to program in “jumping over” pieces or spaces, and “collecting” and “discarding” the pieces they picked from the pile.
- Due to the factor of choice in these activities, there are no answer keys. Have students check each other.
Table of Contents in Each File (some may be slightly different):
2-4: How to Use and Teacher Guide
5-10: Vocabulary for these activities
11-15: Task cards and recording sheet
16-19: Bot size cards
20-30: Life size cards
31-33: No Bot option
If you’re interested in connecting with other technology teachers, check out the Technology Teacher Tribe Group on Facebook.
Connect with me on social media!
There are no reviews yet.