Using technology and problem solving skills, students decipher codes and complete activities to learn the Online Research Skills topic of Avoiding Plagiarism. The activities are housed in a Google Slides file and students enter their codes into a locked Google Form.
- This activity can be done in Google Slides or PowerPoint, so it is flexible to meet your technology needs.
- There are 6 codes to find and they require a mix of technology skills, so this makes a great partner or small group activity.
- Students learn about and practice making decisions about Avoiding Plagiarism.
- Something that makes this digital breakout unique is that it also includes a reading passage with vocabulary on the topic, making it very relevant to today’s students. The reading passage is on a 4th grade level.
Info for the teacher to consider:
- Most groups should be able to complete it in 30-45 minutes.
- If this is your first digital breakout then I recommend solving the puzzles as a whole group activity.
- With this resource you will receive a link to a Google Slides file. From there you can share your copy of the Slides file with your students, or download it as a PowerPoint file to share that way.